RIVAGE PM Firmware V2.02 (Previous version)
Use this file to update RIVAGE PM to V2.02.
Please read the following instructions carefully before updating.
RIVAGE PM Firmware / Editor Compatibility
Please make sure to match all versions of CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, DSP-R10, RPio622, RPio222, and RIVAGE PM Editor when you operate the RIVAGE PM system. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
When updating, a TWINLANe network card (HY256-TL, HY256-TL-SMF) must be installed into each rack device in order to update them simultaneously. If any additional TWINLANe network cards are installed after performing the update, please execute the update program again.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V2.02
- Added the DSP Mirroring function that allows continuous operation with another DSP engine even if the DSP engine stopped due to a failure.
- Added the Dual Console function that enables you to connect two control surfaces to one DSP engine.
- Up to two instances of the RIVAGE PM Editor can be connected to each DSP engine.
- Now supports remote control via the RIVAGE PM StageMix. Up to two instances of RIVAGE PM StageMix can be connected to each Control Surface/Console.
- Up to four sets of DSP-R10 or four CSD-R7 can be connected to each I/O Network.
- Inserting a TWINLANe network card to the HY SLOT2 of the DSP-R10 allows configuration for the SUB I/O Network.
- Now supports Dante network remote control via the HY144-D card inserted to the HY SLOT3 of DSP-R10 or HY SLOT2 of CSD-R7.
- Now supports 5.1-channel surround pan/surround monitor.
- The Mix Minus option is now available for buses.
- SLOT BRIDGE has been added to the Port to Port function, which enables you to patch sounds across SLOTs.
- Enabled control of Time Code and Interval in the event list.
- Added the Preview function.
- Added the Channel Link function.
- Added the Channel Move function.
- Enabled control via the MIDI terminal or the GPI terminal of the DSP engine.
- Added the Portico5045 effect plug-in.
- The effect plug-in SEND rack and INSERT rack can be displayed separately.
- The patch to the effect plug-in mounted on the SEND rack can be operated from the patch grid.
- Added the CSV File Import/Export functions.
- The behavior of the channel [ON] key can be switched when using MUTE GROUP.
- Now supports the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2(V1.10 or later), Rio3224-D/Rio1608-D/Ri8-D/Ro8-D(V4.50 or later).
- You can remotely control one Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2/Rio3224-D/Rio1608-D/Ri8-D/Ro8-D unit from four separate RIVAGE PM10/PM7/CL/QL units.
Improvements in V2.02
- Improved communication stability of the Console Network.
- Improved communication stability of the TWINLANe Network.
- Improved TWINLANe network card recognition at startup.
- Devices and modules running in incompatible versions can be detected in the FIRMWARE VER screen.
- Added assignable functions for USER DEFINED KEYS.
- CUE STACK is now available even if the CUE MODE is set to LAST CUE.
- Enabled Individual Pan in Stereo channels.
- Channel name will not be copied when pairing channels.
- Changed the default setting of the Input to Mix to POST.
- Changed the default setting of the individual parameters of Recall Safe to ON.
- Added the PLUG-IN GEQ ALLOCATION setting to the Recall Safe.
- Changed the default settings of the Oscillator to PINK NOISE, -40dB.
- Changed the resolution of the Delay knob.
Using RIVAGE PM Editor and RIVAGE PM StageMix simultaneously
When using RIVAGE PM Editor and RIVAGE PM StageMix simultaneously in the same NETWORK connector, set the COMMUNICATION QUALITY to STAGEMIX/EDITOR in the MISC tab of the NETWORK setting on the Control Surface. When selecting the “EDITOR/STAGEMIX” option, which results in greater communication load and slower performance of StageMix, enable IGMP Snooping on the Wi-Fi device.
Fixed Bugs in V2.02
- Solved a problem in which the “ring connection open!” was displayed with false detection picking up transient state at startup.
- Solved a problem in which Focus Recall was disabled after updating the same Scene two times.
- Solved a problem in which the Extracting status may continue to display “Extracting scene data...100%” after finishing SYNC.
- Solved a problem in which noise occurred at a specific frequency when using the DE-ESSER of the CHANNEL DYNAMICS.
- Solved some minor errors.
- When a power redundant error occurs in the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2, the SYSTEM/SYNC error message on the RIVAGE PM unit mounted to the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2 is incorrectly displayed as “DANTE SETTING MISMATCH.”
Notices in version updating
- The project file saving method has been changed from V1.20.
When loading a project file saved by V1.16 or earlier, the patching of plug-ins may be unintentionally removed. If this happens, manually patch them again.
- When updating the console’s firmware from V1.20 or earlier, the progress bar may stop at the 14/18 status, or an error may stop the updating process. If this continues for five minutes or longer, turn the power of the console to off and on, and then retry the firmware update.
- When loading a project file saved by V1.21 and earlier, the RACK Focus status indicator on the SCENE screen may not light even if effect plug-ins or GEQs are the target of Focus Recall. To indicate the Focus status properly, open the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) pop-up screen once, and then close it. After doing this, save the revised project file to remove this problem in the future.
Notices in version downgrading
- Do not load a project file saved by V1.51 and later to a system running V1.21 and earlier. When loading, all plug-ins will be un-mounted in all Scenes including the current memory. In this case, re-mounting and setting up of parameters will be required.
- When downgrading the firmware, be sure to initialize all systems after downgrading.
Notices for usage
- Even if connecting outputs from two units of DSP-R10 to a port of an I/O Rack via TWINLANe, patches made from other DSP engines will not be displayed on the screen. Be sure not to make duplicate patching. Likewise, the last patch is the priority after device re-booting or TWINLANe re-connection.
- If you recall a Scene in which a very high HA gain was set, from a scene having a low HA gain, even if no signal is patched, a very loud pink noise signal is occasionally output for a few seconds.
- When a certain type of USB keyboard is connected to the console, the following message may appear:
You must restart your computer to apply these changes [Restart Now] [Restart Later]If this message is shown, remove this USB keyboard. It is not compatible with the console and cannot be used.
- When syncing RIVAGE PM Editor or consoles, do not mount any plug-in while the Extracting Scene Data indicator is shown. The mounting information will not be shared, and the settings will be different between them.
- When a mirroring failover occurs, if the DSP engine B is set to active, the Word Clock master will not change automatically. To prevent sound breakdown, do not turn off the power of the DSP engine A even after a failover occurs.
- A function for loading Dante device mount information and patch information from the console file will be included in a future version.
Acuerdo de licencia y archivo de descarga
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- RIVAGE PM series Data List
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ データリスト
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [English]
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ オペレーションマニュアル
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM10 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM7 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [中文]